It depends on what you consider fun It seems to me that these days fun for a lot of young women is flirting, enticing men who they consider good looking and have a six pack and great abs. Sounds like fun to me.
- 1. The ice-cold blonde defined as a blonde who hides a fire beneath an exterior of coldness. Grace Kelly as as example.
- 2. The blonde bombshell defined as a blonde with explosive sexuality and is available to men at a price. Brigette Bardot as an example.
- 3. The dumb blonde defined as a blonde with an overt and natural sexuality and a profound manifestation of ignorance Jayne Mansfield as an example
The dumb blonde cliché started with the kinds of characters Marilyn Monroe played in many of her movies. She usually played characters who were pretty ditsy, though sometimes she came through with some profoundly wise insight. So when people blame their ditsiness or naivety on being blonde, they are just pandering to a popular culture stereotype. In other words, being blonde has nothing to do with being stupid. Being stupid has everything to do with being stupid.
A hair color that’s a light gold color, and is usually associated with ditziness and stupidity. Usually they’re just as smart as people with other hair colors, but some of them act dumb because they think the whole dumb Blonde thing is cute. They’re not necessarily prettier than brunettes or other hair colors, but some of them put extra effort into makeup, fashion and weight control because of what society expects of blondes. Certainly some blondes are ditzy and stupid, but so can anyone. Let their personality speak for itself, not their hair.
I believe the phrase originated from Clairol’s advertising slogan. I haven’t found an older reference. Up until World War II, a woman who dyed her hair was considered ‘fast.’ Hollywood depicted the blonde as being dumb, naughty, and immoral. Because Clairol wanted more women to purchase their home hair dyes and also frequent the beauty salon, they came up with some of the most famous advertising slogans of all time.’
- DOES SHE OR DOESN’T SHE?
- ONLY HER HAIRDRESSER KNOWS FOR SURE!
- DO BLONDES HAVE MORE FUN?
- IF I’VE ONE LIFE…LET ME LIVE IT AS A BLONDE!